The Ζεύς (Zeús)Edit
The Zeus is a heavily-armed ground-attack aircraft.
The gunship's sole user is Myrmidon Defense, which uses the Zeus for close air support, air interdiction and force protection. Close air support roles include supporting ground troops, escorting convoys, and flying urban operations. Air interdiction missions are conducted against planned targets and targets of opportunity. Force protection missions include defending air bases and other facilities.
Most of the weaponry aboard is mounted to fire out from the left or port side of the aircraft. During an attack, the gunship performs a pylon turn over the target area (flying in a large circle around a fixed point on the ground, the fixed point being the target). This allows it to maintain fire at a target far longer than a conventional attack aircraft.
This heavily-armed aircraft incorporate side-firing weapons integrated with sophisticated sensors, navigation, and fire control systems to provide precision firepower or area-saturation fire with its varied armament. The Zeus can spend long periods flying over their target area at night and in adverse weather. The sensor suite consists of Chemical, Electromagnetic, Gamma, Infrared, Neutron, Microwave, Radar, andRadio, Thermal, and X-ray, Sensors. These sensors allow the gunship to visually or electronically identify friendly ground forces and targets in most weather conditions.
- Crew: 13
- Officers: 5 (pilot, copilot, navigator, fire control officer, sensor warfare officer)
- Crewmen: 8 (flight engineer, visual screen operator, sensor detection set operator, loadmaster, four aerial gunners)
- Length: 97 ft 9 in (29.8 m)
- Wingspan: 132 ft 7 in (40.4 m)
- Height: 38 ft 6 in (11.7 m)
- Wing area: 1745.5 ft² (162.2 m²)
- Loaded weight: 122,400 lb (55,520 kg)
- Maximum takeoff weight: 155,000 lb (69,750 kg)
- Powerplant: 4 × Blue Sun EVT29-4000-A90 pulse-feedback generators 48 RCS thrusters
- Maximum speed: 260 knots (300 mph, 480 km/h)
- Range: 2,200 nm (2,530 mi, 4,070 km)
- Service ceiling: 30,000 ft (9,100 m)
- 4× 20×110 mm (0.7874×4.0157 inch) 6-barreled Gatling cannon, Firing depleted uranium API rounds.
- 3× 40×53 mm (1.5748×2.0866 inch) L/60 Bofors cannon, Firing depleted uranium API rounds.
- 6× 7.62x51 mm (0.3000×2.0079 inch) Hybrid M134D-H 6-barreled minigun, Firing depleted uranium API rounds.
- 2× 105x372 mm (4.1339×14.6457 inch) M102 howitzer, Firing depleted uranium API rounds.
- 1× 155x549 mm (6.1024×21.6142 inch) M777 howitzer, Firing depleted uranium API rounds.